At Volume we take your account security seriously. In addition to our recommendation that you secure your account with 2-Step Verification, please note the following account safeguards:
If you click on a link from an email or in someone's bio and are presented with a Volume Login Screen, never input your username and password, as it is a phishing link attempting to steal your login information! Please report this to us immediately if seen. Only input your login details directly at Volume.com
To prevent your passwords from being hacked by social engineering, brute force or dictionary attack method, you should use these security measures:
- Do not use the same password for multiple important accounts.
- Use a password that has at least 15 characters, use at least one number, one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and one special symbol.
- Do not use the names of your families, friends or pets in your passwords.
- Do not use postcodes, house numbers, phone numbers, birthdates, ID card numbers, social security numbers, and so on in your passwords.
- Do not use any dictionary word in your passwords.
- Do not let your Web browsers( FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE ) store your passwords, since all passwords saved in Web browsers can be revealed easily.
- Do not log in to important accounts on the computers of others, or when connecting to a public Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Do not send sensitive information online via HTTP or FTP connections, because messages in these connections can be sniffed with very little effort. You should use encrypted connections such as HTTPS and SFTP when possible.
- It's recommended to change your passwords every 10 weeks.
- It's recommended that you remember a few master passwords, store other passwords in a plain text file and encrypt this file with 7-Zip or BitLocker, or manage your passwords with a password management software such as 1password.