When starting out, it's good to make a great first impression. Make sure to always be yourself and get creative so members remember you and want to come back.
Just Be Yourself
- Above all else, be confident and comfortable with who you are.
- Volume is an inclusive, diverse platform. We welcome artists of all genres of music, comedy, podcasting, and live performance.
- Be outgoing and let your personality shine! Don't be afraid to be silly and have fun. Viewers can tell when you aren't being genuine.
- Audio is crucial to success on Volume. Try to achieve the best audio output possible!
Utilize Social Media
- Utilize social media! Create a Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media profile with your Volume username so fans know how to find you and can keep up with your schedule.
- Send out a Tweet or post when you're about to broadcast with an affiliate link to your stage. This will help you build followers and see regulars in your stage! Through the affiliate link, you’ll also get a revenue-share on every AMP they purchase for new users you refer to Volume. You can see more about the affiliate program here.
- Make sure to put your Volume stage link in your Twitter and other social media accounts' bios. Include it in every post announcing you are online so that your followers can go straight to your broadcast.
Set a Broadcasting Schedule
- Broadcast regularly and post a schedule in your stage bio so that viewers know when they can see you.
- Watch other artists on Volume for inspiration. Get familiar with how they set up their broadcasting space, personalize their stage, which apps and bots they use, what games they play, and how they run their shows.
- Prompt viewers in your stage to follow your account so they will receive notifications when you’re online. When you go online, make sure you notify your followers by selecting the ‘Announce you're online’ link just above your broadcast window. This will send out an email and browser notification to your followers, based on their notification preferences.
- Just keep broadcasting! Sometimes it takes a while to build up your fan base. Consistency is the key.
Controlling Your Chat
- Make sure you are prepared for negative comments and have a system in place for moderating them.
- Unfortunately, not all people on the Internet are honest, which we are sure you already know. Here are some things to watch out for:
- Tips are always accompanied by a tip sound (if tip sounds are enabled in your chat settings) and tips aren’t clickable like emoticons. If you see a fake tip emoticon, you can click on it to report it, and/or report it by notifying support.
- Be wary of anyone claiming to be employed by or representing Volume. If anyone contacts you claiming to be with Volume, please immediately reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not give out or share your password, 2FA codes, or personal information to anyone for any reason. Remember you are responsible for the security of your account and all activity through it.
- Be careful of external links and possible Volume phishing sites which could steal your credentials. If you ever have a question about a link or email you receive, please send it to email@example.com before clicking on the link or following any email instructions.
- Set up two factor authentication to add an extra layer of protection to your account and hard earned AMPs.